There are certain ways that you can strengthen the spiritual dimension of your life. These include:
- Practicing forgiveness – Staying angry and resentful toward another hurts you more than it does them. Forgiving them, either aloud or in your heart, frees you from the bondage of those emotions so you can move forward in a more loving way.
- Practice random acts of kindness – It doesn’t take much to brighten a person’s day. A flower, a phone call, a card, a visit, or an email to say you’re thinking about someone goes a long way and costs very little in terms of money or time.
- Spend time doing things that tap into your spirituality – Read something spiritual, pray, meditate, sit on a beach and gaze at the stars, do community service, do a good deed and tell no one.
- Stop worrying – Life is too short – at any given time ask yourself, “Will this seem important 20 years, 10 years or even five days from now?
- Practice an attitude of gratitude – Be thankful for what you have in your life, even your challenges. They have a purpose too. Give thanks for all you’ve been given. The more you show gratitude, the more you will be given.